Sunday, August 26, 2007

Do You Want to Know a Secret?

Yesterday, actually last night, I attended the Picnic with the Pops. The evenings program featured Beatle Mania.
I began the day running errands Here, There and Everywhere.
There were clothes on sale, waiting for me to purchase them. I had to get my perscriptions refilled, and pick up a fruit platter for our picnic.

I met my friends at 6pm and carpooled to the KY Horse Park for the Picnic.
(Front row:Marty, Karen, Back Row: Sharyn, Mary Lloyd, and Me)
We arrived at the Horse Park and took the Long and Winding Road to the event grounds.
(look for the road in the background)
I look forward to the World Horse Games here in Lexington, 2010. The Horse Park is a beautiful setting and the World should see it. We passed sprawling pastures and jumping venues,stables and museums. All well manicured and waiting to be used.
With a Little Help From My Friends, we made our way through the mass of cars and found a place to set up.

The sky had looked a bit menacing on our drive to the park. You know how those pop up storms can occur in the heat of August. We were afraid that we would have to beat a retreat but no, Here Comes the Sun.
It was HOT! but we survived. The sun set and the stars peaked out from the clouds.
There was Something special about setting under the stars and moon listening to the Beatles, enjoying the company of friends, and good food.

We danced and sang, or rather we did the Twist and Shout.
The most poignant moment of the night for me was when the Chimes were struck 49 times for the passangers of Flight 5191. I reflected on the loss of all, especially Cecile.
In the end we just had to Get Back, to the car, to our homes, to our everyday life.
I hope and pray the I can enjoy my friends, the outdoors, the music
When I'm 64.

No comments: