Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh Oh Something New for an Old Friend


I have started and completed a project in very little time. That's unusual for me, I usually start a project, then start another project, and another. I've told you about this cast on addiction that I have.
I am loosing a much loved co-worker next week. She is leaving for "greener pastures" and I will miss her very much. She and I have opposite temperature likes. She freezes and I cook. It is not at all unusual for her to be blanketed or otherwise seeking warmth. We work in surgery and she is an anesthesia provider, (CRNA). I think that she will be able to wear these, she will have to use the "rubber" gloves while she is inducing and reversing the patients but during the case while she is monitering and charting she can use these to keep warm.

I know that this yarn coordinated perfectly with the Clapotis and I think I will have enough left over to knit a pair of Mrs. Beetons for my own use. I bought this yarn 2 years ago and knit a pair of mittens. One thumb was way short and I did not see myself ever wearing them so I RIP,ed them and have kept the yarn stashed until now.

The pattern is Fetching from Knitty.com, click here to get the pattern: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html

To see the Mrs. Beetons click here:http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTmrsbeeton.html

She's special enough for it.

She will be missed DAILY.

No comments: