Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's All About the Art

Yesterday I went to the Woodland Arts Fair. I try to attend every year. Most years the weather is so hot that it's almost intolerable, last year it rained. This year the weather was perfect.

I usually don't buy much but I do get inspiration. That usually means that I will spend more trying to "recreate" what I saw than if I had just bought the object. One year I saw a stained glass piece that was gorgeous, but very expensive.


This is the artist that inspired me to take a stained glass class. I spent a good amount of money on the class and the supplies to create my own pieces. That lesson learned, this year I bought these:

To go with my Clapotis. I love fused glass but I will not play with fire. I can't afford another craft. I bought them here:

If, and I am just saying if, I were to try to recreate anything from this years show it would be this:

I won't even try. That is my husband's forte, woodworking. I do like this, though I like having all my fingers attached to my hand even better.

No comments: