Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bad Habits


We all have bad habits to deal with, don't we? I am sure I have many, some of which I may not even be aware of. The one I am speaking of is the overwhelming desire to cast on. I have way too many projects on the needles already but I just had to go to the yarn store and purchase more yarn and could not resist the urge to cast on immediately.

I had admired the Odessa pattern that I found on Ravelry. It appears that I am not alone in this admiration, there are nearly 200 people who have posted this project on the site. I purchased some Debbie Bliss Rialto in dark blue and pearl beads for the project.

My first cast on went as planned, then I took the project in the car on Saturday. Roger asked me to ride along, he needed to go to Danville and I thought it would be a good opportunity to knit. I made a mistake somewhere, couldn't even see the pattern developing as it was supposed to. I RIPped it (rest in peace).

The pattern calls for 1 inch ribbing on size 4 needles, switching to size 6 for the remainder. I thought I would try size 6 for the ribbing and size 8 for the body of the hat. I cast on again. All went well and was looking good. I took the project with me to Woodsongs Old Time Radio Show on Monday night. I knit in a dimly lit theater and made another mistake. I could have corrected it and knit on but I decided that I should have used the smaller needles so I RIPped it again.

The last cast on went well again and I took the project to work with me. I do like to knit if I am in a long case. I knit during a case that I had to turn the lights down. Again I made a mistake but I only had to frog it for a couple of rows. It is going great and I love how it is progressing.

Good thing I love to cast on. Three time on one project!!!

PS: for anyone who wants to knit this pattern here is a link;
http://www.magknits.com/feb06/patterns/odessa.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

saree webbased migrate carotene spade waivers video monday licenses columndue ncirduser
lolikneri havaqatsu