Saturday, August 25, 2007

She Ate My Glasses!



My FAVORITE glasses are history, thanks to Maggie. I take partial blame for their demise, I left them out unattended.

She was able to remove one lens and chew the ear pieces to bits. If x-rayed no doubt you would be able to see tiny crystals in her intestines.(yuck)
I am thinking she wants to be like me, yeah that's it. She likes to watch me knit, so she grabbed my glasses, and my knitting, ready to have a go at it. Lucky for me my husband saw them, the pugs, with my Clapotis and he saved it from paws and jaws.

On a brighter note I used my gift certificate that Jason and Lindesy gave me for my birthday. I saved it to purchase something very special. I have been coveting Prism Wild Stuff for some time but it is way to expensive for my budget, over $100.00 per skein. I was at the Stitch Niche yesterday and spotted this, much like wild stuff only less than 1/2 the price:





I paid more for this yarn than any previous purchase but it is a gift. I used my entire certificate ,exactly, and paid the tax out of pocket. I brought it home and spread out the hank:



I can hardly wait to cast on. I must find the perfect pattern for this and I spent a great deal of time searching Ravelry last night. I might knit it in a crossover scarf or a twisted scarf. I don't know, any suggestions?


Tonight I have been invited to attend Picnic With the Pops, at the KY Horse Park. I have never attended but have wanted to always. I will report on it tomorrow. We need rain desperately, just not tonight.

No comments: