Sunday, September 30, 2007

Just Another Sunday


Who Let the Dogs Out?

Tyson, the puppy Boxer/Lab, and Zedd, the Shih Tzu, came for a visit. Actually Tyson has been with us all week. Tyler had his appendix out on Monday and he along with Tyson have been here since Tuesday. We have enjoyed having both here. I do think Maggie and Max may disagree though. I am glad that everyone is getting to know each other while Tyson is a puppy, it won't be long at all before he towers over the other dogs.

(Click on the arrow to play the video)



After everyone left I got to play with my yarn. As I posted yesterday I have fallen in love with the Dream In Color yarn. I wanted to experiment with Kool-Aid dying and I had a blast. I ended up with 7 colors.

I made 7 small hanks of yarn and soaked them in plain water until they were well saturated. I then dipped them into the Kool-Aid bath. I used 2-3 envelopes of unsweetened Kool-Aid per jar.

The jars then went into the microwave for 2 minutes. I left out a portion of the yarn for the first 2 minutes then dunked the whole thing in for 2 more minutes.

After they "cooked" the color moved out of the bath and into the yarn.
You can see the best example in the center jar. The surrounding water is pretty clear.


Aren't they lovely. I had already removed the red to dry. They look like easter egg dyes to me.



I used lemonaid, pink lemonaid, grape, lemon-lime, orange, cherry and blue raspberry. I need to come up with one more color and I could knit the Dream In Color Tulip Sweater in my own colorway.
Thanks Roger for taking some of the pictures.






1 comment:

picperfic said...

and i think I will have to do this too! I have loads of koolaid too, no yarn yo dye though...lol