Saturday, September 29, 2007

I Have To Go!

I finally got it!!!!! The Dream In Color Tulip Kit,


I ordered it from Lettuce Knit in Toronto. I placed the order in July, I had to think about it for a couple of months after seeing it first on the Yarn Harlot's blog. I loved it the first time I saw it. I saw it a second, third, fourth, etc. on Ravelry. It was knit in the original Knit in Color yarn that is so lovely, and on Ravelry others had knit the pattern in other yarn. While they are nice, they are not as pretty as the Knit in Color yarn. I had to order the kit. I can hardly wait to cast on, thus the post title.

I ordered this kit in July. The store called last week to inform me that the card I had used to pre-order was expired. They had a good laugh that I had been on the list for so long that I had received a new card. It was definitely worth the wait. It was mailed last week and took 10 days to arrive. I wore a path in the grass to the mailbox looking for it.

Attention all gift recipients! This sweater is going in my grandchild hope chest. I love you all but this yarn is destined to be a "hairyloom" aka heirloom sweater.

On a side note: the pattern included in the kit has sizes up to age 6. I think I will try to dye my own yarn to make a kid sized one. I'll keep you informed(if all goes well) and will keep you entertained(if all fails)

I'm off to Knit!!



PS: the stained glass in the background is my creation too.

1 comment:

picperfic said...

oooh came here via ravelry! Not only am I knitting this yummy cardi but I do stained glass too!