Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Busy Week

I have been knitting like crazy this week. My husband would like a meal, company, cleaner home, etc. but I want to knit. I know I am addicted but heaven help me I can't help myself.

I have cast on and completed a Mini-Cardigan for myself.
I love, love, love the colorway, pink and green. Technically it is Raspberry and Lemon-Grass, from Lion Brand Yarn, Wool Ease Thick and Quick. I found the buttons that in my opinion complete the sweater. I am very fond of the whimsical look.


I would love to knit this in Turquoise and Purple but I am having a hard time finding super-bulky yarn in that color. I think I don't actually need another bulky sweater anyway and will knit one in worsted weight in those colors. I already have the pattern picked out. I will post it when and if I knit it.

Tyler is the proud new owner of a puppy. He got boxer-lab mix from the Humane Society. His name is Tyson, named for the boxer but also in tribute to Tyler's past team-mate and current world champion sprinter, Tyson Gay. We all think the puppy is a "cutie" and will grow to be mighty handsome. He is full of puppy energy. Maggie & Max don't quite know what to make of him. It is extremely funny to watch them scurry away with their tails tucked, from a 11 week old. I got to puppy sit last night and had a grand time with it. Mother and Dad stopped by this morning. I think Dad likes Tyson too.

No comments: