Monday, May 28, 2007

Progress



As promised I have pictures of the progress on the Noro Enterlac Bag. I started it one week ago in class and have made amazing progress (if I must say so myself). I am on row 6 of 10 and I anticipate that last rows knitting up faster than the first ones. I will decrease twice more on rows 7 and 9, therefore the stitch count will be smaller and faster. The instructions say to "knit back" which translates to knitting backward. I don't really care for the technique so I turn and purl each time. I think I would like the knit back better if I were not using my knit pick option needles. I tend to push on the join while knitting back and I am afraid that I might break the join and ruin the needle, the work, and my sanity.


I am using Noro #159 for this project. I liked the jewel tones when I purchased the lot. I am not as taken with it as I work. I think that a more vibrant colorway would have been more to my liking but I will wait for it to "grow" on me. I have too much invested to lay it aside.


I did let it sit on my pool float and admire my dragon wing begonia.

In addition to knitting this past week, I emptied, pressure washed and filled the pool. I took advantage of the warm weather for the past two days and trained for the future olympic event, POOL FLOATING. I am pretty sure that I will make the USA team, I have been in training for years.

No comments: